- 81% of Americans text regularly.
- Over 6 billion texts are sent every day.
- Over 180 billion texts are sent every month.
- 27 trillion texts are sent every year.
- 97% of American adults text weekly.
- America is responsible for approximately 45% of the world’s text volume.
- Americans text twice as much as they call, on average.
Business Texting Statistics
- 78% of people wish they could have a text conversation with a business.
- 61% of businesses wish they could send and receive texts from a business number.
- 80% of professionals currently use text for business purposes.
- People prefer text most for scheduling or changing appointments, and making or confirming reservations.
- Over half of customers would rather text a customer support agent instead of using other available options.
- Texting is highest rated contact method for customer satisfaction compared to all other communication channels (Text – 90; Phone – 77; Facebook – 66).
- Over 1/3 of professionals say they can’t go 10 minutes without responding to a text.
- Calls cost customer service centers several dollars per conversation. Texts cost pennies per conversation.
- 44% of consumers prefer to press a button and initiate a text conversation, rather than wait on hold with an agent.
- 75% of people like offers sent via text (but no more than 2/mo).
- Texting in the sales process with a qualified lead can increase conversions over 100%.
- 64% of consumers are likely to have a positive perception of companies that offer communication via text.
- 90% of leads prefer to be texted, compared to called.
- Response rates from text are 209% higher than those from phone calls.
Texting Statistics by Age
- 91% of teens with cell phones actively text.
- About 50% of adults 18-24 say text conversations as just as meaningful as a phone call.
- Adults under 45 send and receive 85+ texts every day, on average.
- 77% of students want relevant information from colleges via text.
- 59% of students say a college can text them first.
- Adults 18-24 y.o. send and receive over 128 texts every day.
- Adults 18-24 y.o. send and receive 3,853 texts a month.
- Adults 25-34 send and receive over 75 texts a day.
- Adults 25-34 send and receive 2,240 texts a month.
- Adults 35-44 send and receive about 52 texts a day.
- Adults 35-44 send and receive 1,557 texts a month.
- Adults 45-54 send and receive 33 texts a day.
- Adults 45-54 send and receive 998 texts a month.
- Adults 55+ send and receive 16 texts a day.
- Adults 55+ send and receive 491 texts a month.
Texting Statistics by Time and Rates
- Texts have a 99% open rate.
- 95% of texts will be read within 3 minutes of being sent.
- Average response time for a text is 90 seconds.
- Texts have a 45% average response rate.
- College students spend 94 minutes a day texting, on average
- Texting takes up 33% of Millennials’ mobile usage.
- Text messages are read in under 5 seconds, on average.
- 96% of smartphone owners text.
- The average adult spends 23 hours a week texting.
Texting Statistics by Preference
- 33% of American adults prefer texts to all other forms of communication.
- Text is the most used form of communication for American adults under 50.
- 91% of people who text prefer it over voicemail.
- Texting is the most common cell phone activity.
- A third of Americans prefer text to phone calls.
COVID STEROID 2 and the non-statistically significant result • LITFL hcg for sale in usa kubeflow – data science on steroids | suse communities
Sources: Pew Research Center, CTIA, Statistic Brain, Nielsen, Experian Marketing Services, Cappex, Forbes, Velocify, Journal of Behavioral Addictions, RealityMine, USA Today, Gallup, Dimension Data, FranchiseHelp, Forrester, ContactBabel, eWeek