The information we collect about you through your use of TheLocalProject is controlled by The Local Project, LLC in accordance with US law, as amended or replaced from time to time.
DATA WE COLLECT
When you use the TLP App, we collect data from your mobile device, including information which directly or indirectly identifies you. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. The information we collect about you (collectively and individually, the “Information”) includes:
- If the TLP App offers you the option to register, we will collect the Information you provide to us in the registration form. This may include identification data such as your name, email address or other account or registration data.
- We will also collect your Information when you use the TLP App such as when you post or share material, upload data, request further services or make selections using the TheLocalProject, if such functionality is available.
- If you opt-in, some TheLocalProject may collect movement data from your phone in order to deliver results based on your location.
- We will collect Information about you when you interact with us such as when you report a problem, contact or communicate with us.
- We may collect certain device data and electronic identifiers such as your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, your mobile operating system details and the name of your mobile carrier. For example, if you use the iOS platform then Advertiser IDs (also known as “IDFAs” if you have an Apple device or “Android Ad IDs” if you have an Android device) may be collected. Other identifiers collected may include IP addresses, OpenUDID, Session ID, ODIn1, iOS Vendor IDs, MAC addresses, IMEI, Android ID for Android platform, and ODIN1 for OS X (together with the IDFAs, the “App Identifiers“).
- Information about how and when you use the TLP App. This includes the amount of times you used the TLP App, which parts of it you viewed and other technical data such as country settings and timestamps.
- Geolocation data, which is any Information which indicates the geographical position of your device and which may include the time the location was recorded, and may include precise (e.g., GPS-level) location data. Some TheLocalProject may collect this data when the App is not open or actively in use (This may help us or third parties to customize information, content, or offers to you, for instance.) The TLP App and/or your mobile device may provide options for you to control the use and/or sharing of precise device location data.
- We automatically collect certain Information from your device when you use the TLP App including Information about your device, carrier and other technical data.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the Information (elements of which we may use alone or in combination with each other data/Information) we collect to:
- Deliver relevant information to you and ensure optimal functionality and operation;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices (including through in-application advertising) about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive in-application advertising, in some cases you can upgrade to the paid version of the app;
- Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For instance, we, or these third parties may serve ads or offers to users (whether or not these are TheLocalProject).
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes and in order to conduct polls and surveys;
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies and to communicate with you;
- Manage and improve the TLP App(s). For this purpose, we may use and combine your Information which we collect across different TheLocalProject used by you;
- When we collect your precise geolocation data (subject to your consent) (which may be via the device’s cellular, Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (GPS) networks and/or Bluetooth information), we do so to provide you with our location-related products and services, for example to provide you with forecast and weather alerts for your location, and also to facilitate, measure, or otherwise support advertising by third parties (through our apps or third parties’ apps) that may be related to your location over time.
- When you share your Information with us via a social network provider like Facebook, we use this to show Information on your social network profile (subject to your privacy setting and preferences for such social network) and to allow you to share Information about our services with your connections or on your social network profile.
- When you use the TLP App(s), we may use the App Identifiers to facilitate access to the TheLocalProject, help us recognize you across TheLocalProject, and enable you to use the TheLocalProject, to personalize your experience, to increase security, measure the use and effectiveness of TheLocalProject and serve advertising. You can block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Information as follows:
- We may share your Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our TheLocalProject functionality, and supporting marketing promotions (e.g., contests and sweepstakes) surveys and other features offered through our TheLocalProject. These service providers may have limited access to your Information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such Information for any other purposes.
- When you engage in promotions offered through the TheLocalProject, we may share your Information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes; unless, we have otherwise committed to you that we will not share specific Information you provided. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other Information to that merchant.
- We may also allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements in the TheLocalProject or other apps or use App Identifiers for the purpose of advertising and direct marketing. These companies may use technologies to collect data about users, including non-precise and/or precise location data, to help them tailor relevant ads and content and analyze and measure ads’ effectiveness or, more generally, brand and mobile audiences. These companies may collect this data through SDKs or from users who view or interact with their advertisements. We combine Information internally across different TheLocalProject apps and functionalities. This enables us to provide more tailored and personal experiences and services to you .
- Other Situations. We may disclose your Information (i) to respond in good faith to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our TheLocalProject terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the TheLocalProject, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated Information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other legitimate business purposes. Please note that such aggregated Information will not include any Information which allows third parties to identity you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your Information is very important to us, so we take security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We partner with industry leaders such as Microsoft and Twilio, and operate TheLocalProject platform from Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Platform. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
INFORMATION RELATING TO CHILDREN
The TheLocalProject APP is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this Information and terminate the person’s account as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly delete that Information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Uninstallation and removal methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall and remove the TheLocalProject, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual or online instructions provided by the device provider for reference.
ACCESS TO AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may have the right to access Information held about you or require it to be modified (if inaccurate) or deleted. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us using the details set out below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Information we hold about you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The Local Project, LLC.
PO Box 58189
Houston, Texas 77258